Happy Birthday 3Squared!
Today is our birthday! 11 years ago today, James Fox and Tim Jones started 3Squared with the simple aim of creating exciting software and applications. Apart from that momentous occasion, we decided to have a look back at what else happened during June 2002.
- - Earth has a near-miss as an asteroid skims past at just 75,000 miles away – the second closest in history
- - Google launches the ill-fated pay-per-answer Google Answers
- - Microsoft’s .Net service examined by European Union for possible data privacy law breaches
- - ITV Digital announces loss of £2 billion for its defunct subscription TV service
- - Europe is declared polio-free by the World Health Organisation
- - The World Cup is held in Japan and South Korea, the first time in Asia
- - Apple launches second generation iPod’s and sells eMac’s to UK consumers
- - Woolworths share price rises 21% and is valued at £700 million amidst BHS merger talks
- - World’s biggest phone manufacturer Nokia reduces sales forecasts for the second time in two months
What a fantastic 11 years it has been, twice having to relocate to bigger offices and working with some of the biggest brands in the UK.
2013 is set to be a big year for 3Squared, so here’s to the next 11 years!