Posted on: 7th November 2019
Salary: £26,000 to £41,500 per annum, dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As a Business Analyst, you will be a point of contact for our customers. We need you to analyse the processes of our clients by studying their needs, evaluating existing problems and making recommendations accordingly.
Your skills will also help evolve our suite of RailSmart products through feedback from customers, stakeholders and end users.
What 3Squared do:
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail sector. The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 53 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning software for an ever-growing list of customers in the UK and abroad.
The company has stayed true to its roots, is still independently owned and operates from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
What you tell your friends you do:
I act as a liaison between 3Squared and its clients by conducting user research, facilitating workshops, producing process flows and documenting requirements.
My work and our technology helps to support businesses in becoming more efficient.
What you’ll really be doing:
- Supporting pre-sales teams in initial requirements gathering, specification and presentation of a proposed solution.
- Gathering a deep understanding of how our customers use our products/software in their day to day lives across their organisations.
- Analysing our customers’ needs and evaluate how our existing products can be evolved to solve their problems.
- Creating use cases, personas and workflow diagrams.
- Producing operational scenarios.
- Facilitating user story workshops.
- Documenting, validating and prioritise requirements in collaboration with the client and project team.
- Facilitating alignment workshops with clients, stakeholders and end users.
- Mapping out each RailSmart product with AS IS and TO BE flows.
How you’ll be doing this:
- You’ll be part of the Service Design team, using creative thinking to understand and solve the right problem. You’ll collaborate with:
- The Project Management team to inform estimates and ensure timely delivery
- The Sales team to receive briefs and highlight potential opportunities
- The Development team to design solutions collaboratively
- The QA team to ensure requirements captured are detailed enough for acceptance criteria
- The Support team to understand issues or clients face
- The Client Engagement team to understand our client’s vision
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum three years’ experience gathering software requirements.
- Solid experience of interacting with clients and external stakeholders and helping them to re-think how they approach and deliver products and services to their users.
- Experience working inside a digital team that has delivered products to users.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts.
- Ability to understand, conceptualise and communicate using a variety of methods including:
- AS IS and TO BE process maps
- Use cases
- User stories
- Operational scenarios
- Workshop facilitation
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are essential.
- Understanding of business requirements and their relationship to user needs.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of devices and software across web and mobile applications.
- Confidence to question decisions, negotiate, make recommendations and clarify requirements.
- Resilience to take direction and feedback.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness, estimating and budgeting
- Dedication to change the way organisations deliver digital services.
3Squared is proud of its commitment to diversity and welcomes all applications equally.
It takes all kinds of backgrounds, skill levels and demographics to do what we do; and our differences are what make us a success.
Applications from candidates wanting part time work are also encouraged.
3Squared is a disability positive employer.
We do not accept unsolicited candidate applications from recruitment agencies.
For this role, we will be asking candidates to submit a portfolio of previous work as part of the application process.