Posted on: 9th September 2019
Salary: £26,000 to £41,500 per annum, dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As a Business Analyst, you will be a point of contact for our customers. Your role is to improve the experience customers have with our products and services.
We need your skills to help evolve our suite of RailSmart products through feedback from our customers, stakeholders and end users.
What 3Squared Do
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail sector. The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 50 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning software for an ever-growing list of customers in the UK and abroad.
The company has stayed true to its roots, is still independently owned and operates from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
What you tell your friends you do
I conduct user research, facilitate workshops, produce process flows and document requirements.
My work helps an idea become a reality and solves real problems for real people.
What you’ll really be doing
- Support pre-sales teams in initial requirements gathering, specification and presentation of a proposed solution.
- Gather a deep understanding of how our customers use our products/software in their day to day lives across their organisations.
- Analyse our customers’ needs and evaluate how our existing products can be evolved to solve their problems.
- Create use cases, personas and workflow diagrams.
- Produce operational scenarios.
- Facilitate user story workshops.
- Document, validate and prioritise requirements in collaboration with the client and project team.
- Facilitate alignment workshops with clients, stakeholders and end users.
- Map out each RailSmart product with AS IS and TO BE flows.
How you’ll be doing this
- You’ll be part of the Service Design team, using creative thinking to understand and solve the right problem. You’ll collaborate with:
- The Project Management team to inform estimates and ensure timely delivery
- The Sales team to receive briefs and highlight potential opportunities
- The Development team to design solutions collaboratively
- The QA team to ensure requirements captured are detailed enough for acceptance criteria
- The Support team to understand issues or clients face
- The Client Engagement team to understand our client’s vision
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum three years’ experience gathering software requirements.
- Solid experience of interacting with clients and helping them to re-think how they approach and deliver products and services to their users.
- Experience working inside a digital team that has delivered products to users.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts.
- Ability to understand, conceptualise and communicate using a variety of methods including:
- AS IS and TO BE process maps
- Use cases
- User stories
- Operational scenarios
- Workshop facilitation
- Excellent writing and presentation skills are essential.
- Understanding of business requirements and their relationship to user needs.
- Understanding of the technical limitations of devices and software across web and mobile applications.
- Confidence to question decisions, negotiate, make recommendations and clarify requirements.
- Resilience to take direction and feedback.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness, estimating and budgeting
- Dedication to change the way organisations deliver digital services.
- Salary: £26,500 – £42,000 per annum, depending on experience
- We also:
- contribute to your pension
- offer Childcare vouchers
- provide you with a bespoke Westfield health policy
- offer a generous individual training budget to keep your skills on the cutting edge
- Up to 25 days of paid leave, (increasing with length service), plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexible start/finish times around our core hours and occasional working from home (once you’ve passed probation!)
- Free cereal and fruit each day, and beer and cookies on Fridays! (And we haven’t skimped on the coffee machine either!)
- We also have other amazing perks including social events – not to mention an absolutely fantastic team to work with!
For this role, we will be asking candidates to submit a portfolio of previous work as part of the application process.
We do not accept unsolicited phone calls or CVs from recruitment agencies.