Posted on: 20th February 2020
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 Dependent on Experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As a Project Manager you’ll oversee the delivery of our product roadmap as well as working on change requests, integrations and other work required by clients.
What 3Squared do:
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail and construction sector. It has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 50+ strong team of talented people delivering award winning software for an ever-growing list of customers on the UK and abroad.
What you tell your friends you do:
I lead a cross discipline team and take responsibility for getting projects over the line in time and on budget, whilst ensuring the client and other stakeholders are singing our praises.
What you’ll really be doing:
- Defining the scope of a project or product
- Managing a product backlog and prioritising features as required
- Determining the resources required and ensuring adequate availability and allocation
- Weekly project reporting with relevant escalations to clients, the Team Lead and Senior Management
- Developing full scale project plans and thorough project documentation including budget information and relevant tracking
- Implementing and managing project changes and interventions as required
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project
- Conducting analysis and progress tracking through liaising with customers
- Ensuring service level agreements are upheld
- Liaising with clients and all stakeholders to ensure the highest level of service is provided
- Leading a project team of Designers, Developers and Testers
- Ensuring project invoicing is completed at set milestones
What we’ve worked on recently:
- Delivered projects for bespoke systems which integrate into the RailSmart suite to solve specific problems for clients
- Worked alongside the service delivery team to oversee the onboarding and training for new users of RailSmart
- Proposed innovative digital solutions to industry challenges and how we’d deliver them
- Led teams who have consulted on technical solutions to business problems within the rail industry
- Improved some of our processes such as how we manage resourcing and project progress tracking
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Commercial and business awareness
- Experience of working in a technical environment (preferably software)
- The ability to turn technical jargon into client friendly language
- Capable of staying calm under pressure in a fast paced environment with competing deadlines
- The ability to work with our Business Analysts to turn a vision or requirement into something tangible and work out how we deliver it
- Proven experience in risk and conflict management
- Proven experience in change management
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement skills
- PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner or other relevant project qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Project Management role and delivering projects independently
3Squared is proud of its commitment to diversity and welcomes all applications equally.
It takes all kinds of backgrounds, skill levels and demographics to do what we do; and our differences are what make us a success.
3Squared is a disability positive employer.
We do not accept unsolicited candidate applications from recruitment agencies