Posted on: 9th September 2019
Salary: £19,000 to £26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As a Junior Graphic Designer, you’re a visual communicator.
We need your creative skills and eye for detail to help promote and extend our suite of RailSmart products.
What 3Squared Do
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail sector. The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 50 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning software for an ever-growing list of customers in the UK and abroad.
The company has stayed true to its roots, is still independently owned and operates from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
What you tell your friends you do
I use my technical flair and eye for detail to produce visual collateral and branding which solves communication problems.
My work helps influence existing/potential customers and educates them about our products.
What you’ll really be doing
- Working through the design process to:
- Clarify design briefs
- Understand our brand hierarchy
- Sketch ideas for review and feedback
- Design marketing material across multiple platforms including web, mobile, print, email, presentation graphics and more
- Produce print-ready artwork using the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Liaise with printers to ensure deadlines are met and work is high quality
- Help create a great first impression for both 3Squared and RailSmart
- Present and explain design options to clients for feedback
- Listen, ask lots of questions and have plenty of ideas
How you’ll be doing this
You’ll be part of the Service Design team, working with clients, users, web developers, mobile developers, the QA team, the support team and key stakeholders.
- You’ll collaborate with
- The Project Management team to inform estimates and ensure timely delivery
- The Sales Team to receive briefs
- Creative colleagues such as copywriters and rail media industry professionals
- Printers and other third parties involved in the production process
What we’ve worked on recently
- An in-progress RailSmart Design System
- RailSmart customer reports
- RailSmart product focus newsletters and brochures
- Document and presentation templates
- Presentation graphics
- Email templates
- Web design
Skills & Requirements
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing engaging branding and marketing collateral
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience working with Sketch
- Confidence to present work and make suggestions
- Resilience to take direction and learn from feedback
- A passion for graphics, typography and all best practice techniques
- Salary: £19,000 to £26,000 per annum
- We also:
- contribute to your pension
- offer Childcare vouchers
- provide you with a bespoke Westfield health policy
- offer a generous individual training budget to keep your skills on the cutting edge
- Up to 25 days of paid leave, (increasing with length service), plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexible start/finish times around our core hours and occasional working from home (once you’ve passed probation!)
- Free cereal and fruit each day, and beer and cookies on Fridays! (we also haven’t skimped on the coffee machine).
- We also have other amazing perks including social events – not to mention an absolutely fantastic team to work with!
For this role, we will be asking candidates to submit a portfolio of previous work as part of the application process.
We do not accept unsolicited phone calls or CVs from recruitment agencies.