Posted on: 9th September 2019
Salary: £26,000 - £36,500 per annum, dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As a Mid-Weight Graphic Designer, you’re a visual communicator.
We need your creative solutions across print and digital to help present and promote our suite of RailSmart products.
What 3Squared Do
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail sector. The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 50 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people delivering Queen’s Award-winning software for an ever-growing list of customers in the UK and abroad.
The company has stayed true to its roots, is still independently owned and operates from our office in the steel city of Sheffield.
What you tell your friends you do
I deliver high quality branding, marketing, print and digital visuals using a range of techniques including print design, image manipulation, vector illustration and typography.
My work helps influence existing/potential customers and educates them about our products.
What you’ll really be doing
- Working through the design process to:
- Gather and validate requirements from internal and external clients.
- Understand our brand hierarchy.
- Understand how branding impacts the way customers experience our products and services.
- Design marketing material across multiple platforms including web, mobile, print, email, presentation graphics and more.
- Produce print-ready artwork using the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Liaise with printers to ensure deadlines are met and work is high quality.
- Help create a great first impression for both 3Squared and RailSmart.
- Present and explain design options to clients for feedback.
- Listen, ask lots of questions and have plenty of ideas.
How you’ll be doing this
You’ll be part of the Service Design team, working with clients, users, web developers, mobile developers, the QA team, the support team and key stakeholders.
You’ll collaborate with
- The Project Management team to inform estimates and ensure timely delivery.
- The Sales Team to receive briefs.
- Creative colleagues such as copywriters and rail media industry professionals.
- Printers and other third parties involved in the production process.
What we’ve worked on recently
- An in-progress RailSmart Design System
- RailSmart customer reports
- RailSmart product focus newsletters and brochures
- Document and presentation templates
- Presentation graphics
- Email templates
- Web design
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum four years’ experience working as a Graphic Designer
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing engaging branding and marketing collateral
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience working with Sketch
- Confidence to present work and make suggestions
- Resilience to take direction and learn from feedback
- A passion for graphics, typography and all best practice techniques
- Salary: £26,000 – £36,500 per annum
- We also:
- contribute to your pension
- offer Childcare vouchers
- provide you with a bespoke Westfield health policy
- offer a generous individual training budget to keep your skills on the cutting edge
- Up to 25 days of paid leave, (increasing with length service), plus Bank Holidays
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexible start/finish times around our core hours and occasional working from home (once you’ve passed probation!)
- Free cereal and fruit each day, and beer and cookies on Fridays! (We haven’t skimped on the coffee machine either!)
- We also have other amazing perks including social events – not to mention an absolutely fantastic team to work with!
For this role, we will be asking candidates to submit a portfolio of previous work as part of the application process.
We do not accept unsolicited phone calls or CVs from recruitment agencies.