Posted on: 1st November 2018
Salary: Dependent upon experience + benefits
Start date: ASAP
The Senior QA Engineer position at 3Squared provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual who relishes the opportunity to help shape testing at 3Squared.
The core aspect of the role will involve helping to estimate, plan, coordinate and execute both functional and non-functional testing activities on projects, providing visibility to the project team of any quality issues. You will ensure that quality issues and defects are identified, documented and tracked in 3Squared’s bug tracker.
The role is quite varied and will at times also involve; writing automated UI tests, running UAT sessions on client site, demonstrating applications to prospective clients, mentoring junior members of staff, and occasionally running scrums and running bug triaging sessions.
Head of QA – Responsible to the Head of QA for the performance of all day to day duties. You will also work closely with the Head of QA to help cultivate and deliver the vision for the test team and testing at 3Squared.
QA Team – You will help provide mentoring, training, and support to other members of the team.
Project Team – You will work with the relevant individuals in the project team to provide feedback and visibility of any quality issues affecting the application.
What you will be doing
As a Senior QA Engineer you will carry out a variety of tasks including:
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed and comprehensive test artifacts appropriate to the application under test.
- Estimating, prioritising, planning, coordinating, and executing both Functional and Non-Functional testing activities on web, iOS and Android applications.
- Identifying, recording and documenting defects and quality issues
- Writing and maintaining automated web UI test.
- Mentoring and support junior members of staff
- Demonstration applications to potential clients
- Planning and running UAT sessions on client site.
Training, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A recognised qualification in computing (Degree/HNC/Diploma) or equivalent work experience.
- 4 + years’ experience working in a QA role.
- Experience of:-
- Testing complex web, iOS and Android applications.
- Multiple test techniques including; Exploratory Testing, Session Based Test Management and Regression Testing.
- Non-Functional Testing (Load, Performance, Stress etc.).
- Producing and working with; Test Charters, Oracles, Heuristics, Test Plans, Test Cases and other test artefacts.
- Implementing new testing processes and ways of working within a QA team.
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of staff.
- Shifting testing left.
- Working closely with key stakeholders, including clients, Product Owners, Project Managers and developers.
- Working with Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid development methodologies
- Desirable training, experience and qualifications
- Experience with mobile and web application design and development.
- Experience writing and maintaining web UI automation tests (Ideally in Java, Selenium and Cucumber).
- Experience writing automated UI Tests for iOS applications
- Experience of using Git for version control.
- Experience with Security Testing.
- Be able to read and interpret source code written in C#.
- Experience with API testing.
- ISTQB Foundation or higher Qualification
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good verbal written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, reporting and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with software testing processes and methodologies including structured and specification-based techniques
- Good understanding of test case management, version control & defect tracking
- Understanding of development lifecycles, software release processes and defect management
- Desirable knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the following tools:
- OWASP ZAP
Personal Qualities Required:
- Have a passion for all things test
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and with users at all levels
- Ability to adopt personal style to develop relationships with colleagues
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends and developments
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to achieve
- The ability to explain technical jargon to peers and clients in a non-technical way
- The ability to provide detailed feedback
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with changing priorities
- Ability to adjust in the light of feedback
- Ability to mentor/support others
We do not accept unsolicited phone calls or CVs from recruitment agencies