Posted on: 05/03/2020
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Start date: ASAP
Close date: N/A
As a Service Support Analyst with 3Squared you’ll be the first point of contact for all client queries and users of our RailSmart software.
What 3Squared do:
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail and construction sectors. We have grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002 to a 50+ strong team of talented people delivering award winning software for an ever-growing list of customers in the UK and abroad.
What you tell your friends you do:
I use my customer service skills to assist users who are having problems with our applications. It’s a busy role juggling clients on the phone and over our ticketing system.
What you’ll really be doing:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all client enquiries and issues
- Triaging queries, performing investigations and working with various departments if needed
- Escalating any issues as required
- Liaising with clients with regard to responses, resolutions and feedback on queries
- Contributing to our Quality Assurance process by analysing underlying patterns and trends in incidents
- Upholding our service level agreements
- Keeping records of tickets and systems up to date with notes, discussions and actions as required
- Contributing to the support rota if needed
How you’ll be doing this:
- You’ll join an on-call rota for 24/7 response to P1 client issues (approx. 1 week in 6)
- You’ll work within the IT & Support team to monitor and report upon live environments, taking action to maintain excellent levels of service
- You’ll take a proactive approach in understanding the customer’s problem and determining the best way to approach a fix
- You’ll deal with customers with an empathetic and professional manner, there are no KPI’s around call length stats etc here!
- You’re encouraged to take ownership of technical issues and work with the developers, where necessary, to resolve more advanced issues
- You’ll document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- You’ll refer escalated customer complaints to the Senior Support Engineer or Head of Support
- You’ll make decisions at the appropriate time taking into account the situation, priorities and constraints
- You’ll deal with challenging situations in a positive manner
What we’ve worked on recently:
- Designing bespoke systems which integrate into the RailSmart suite to solve specific problems for clients
- Reviewing system architecture and designing replacements for the future
- Consulted on technical solutions to business problems within the rail industry
- Onboarded new users
- Looked at how we can improve our client reporting
Skills and Requirements:
- You’re a technical and analytical person with a confident phone manner
- You can find your way around a database
- You are keen to work closely with technical colleagues in other departments
- You’ll understand the difference between a call centre support desk and our environment, which is a business to business facility where queries are raised by long-standing clients, already familiar with our systems
- You’ll be able to explain technical jargon to customers and clients and not be afraid to ask questions until you get to the root of the issue
- Experience working in a support environment would be an advantage
- You have a mindset of ‘the customer is king’
- You have the ability to deal with competing priorities
3Squared is proud of its commitment to diversity and welcomes all applications equally.
It takes all kinds of backgrounds, skill levels and demographics to do what we do; and our differences are what make us a success.
Applications from candidates wanting part time work are also encouraged.
3Squared is a disability positive employer.
We do not accept unsolicited candidate applications from recruitment agencies.