Posted on: 05/11/2019
Salary: £26,000 - £36,500 Dependent on Experience
Start date: ASAP
Close date: Ongoing
What 3Squared do:
3Squared build innovative and technically imaginative software solutions for the rail sector. The company has grown from 3 people and an idea in 2002, to a 53 strong, multidisciplinary team of talented people. We deliver Queen’s Award-winning software for an ever-growing list of customers in the UK and abroad.
The company has stayed true to its roots, is still independently owned and operates from an office in the steel city of Sheffield.
Due to continued commercial success we need to expand our development team and would like to hear from software engineers wanting a midweight position, with more than 2 years commercial experience.
What you tell your friends you do:
I turn requirements and designs into software systems using code.
My work helps an idea become a reality and is used by operational staff in the rail industry.
What you’ll really be doing:
- Implementing the most suitable architecture and development approach for any given project.
- Writing and reviewing code to ensure quality.
- Assessing and choosing the best technologies to use for a solution.
- Working with UI/UX Designers, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Contributing to an end of project retrospectives, analysing the success of the project and any learning points.
- Providing project estimation and risk assessments.
How you’ll be doing it:
- Using C# NET, MVC and Web API for builds.
- Using object orientated programming languages and principles.
- Writing and maintaining unit tests.
- Working with SQL databases with and without an ORM.
- Using a SPA frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.JS.
- Using a build server for continuous integration.
- Working with Azure.
We’d love it if you:
- Have a passion for keeping up with current and future technological trends and developments.
- Are self-motivated.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent team working and collaboration skills.
Summary of technologies and tools we use (training can be provided)
- C# NET Framework and ASP.NET Core.
- MVC ,WebAPI.
- Entity Framework, SQL Server.
- Git and GitFlow.
- Azure for cloud hosting.
- Team City and Octopus Deploy.
We are a Microsoft Shop and this role will involve using Microsoft’s standard tools to build modern web applications and APIs.
3Squared is proud of our commitment to diversity and welcomes all applications equally.
It takes all kinds of backgrounds, skill levels and demographics to do what we do; and our differences are what make us a success.
Applications from candidates wanting part time work are also encouraged.
3Squared is a disability positive employer.
We do not accept unsolicited candidate applications from recruitment agencies