.NET Development Team Lead
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced team manager to join a thriving business with a wonderful culture, empowering mind-set and a national reach and reputation.
You will have a “hands on” approach to software development and the opportunity to work on our award-winning software suite, RailSmart, as well as working with a diverse client base on green field projects. You will be responsible for overseeing the company’s technical roadmap and leading our talented team of .Net Developers.
Reporting in to the Operations Director but also part of the collaborative Technical Management team, this opportunity allows you to influence, shape and mature a growing organisation.
- Taking responsibility for the performance and professional development of the .Net team.
- Understanding and implementing the most suitable architecture and development approach, via collaboration with our lead Technical Architect.
- Reviewing and updating technologies and tools on an on-going basis to ensure the team is ahead of the curve.
- Working with other department heads and seniors to improve company processes.
- Providing project estimation and risk assessments.
- Facilitating the day to day organisation, resourcing and management of the team.
Management Skills/Experience Required
- Experience of leading a team.
- Ability to mentor and support others.
- Strong sense of commercial awareness.
Technical Skills/Experience Required
- Advanced working knowledge of technologies including:
- Web API
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Proven experience of working with service orientated architecture, e.g. developing and maintaining web services.
- Detailed knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis and Design Techniques.
- Experience of using source code security, version control, issue monitoring and builds.
- Experience of Test Driven Development in both enterprise and commercial applications.
- Familiarity with secure coding principles.
- Knowledge of a full product life cycle.
- An understanding of Agile development methods.
- Knowledge of using Infrastructure as a Service cloud technologies to deliver web applications.
- Awareness of NoSQL databases.
- Awareness of message queueing technologies.